Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions. A company that delivers improved outcomes to professional customers across industries, helping them make better decisions, get better results and be more productive.
We achieve this by leveraging deep customer understanding to combine high quality content & data with analytics & technology in global platforms. Our solutions often account for about 1 percent of our customers’ total cost base but can have a significant, positive, impact on the remaining 99 percent.
We seek to build leading positions in long-term global growth markets by leveraging our institutional skills, assets and resources across Reed Elsevier, both to build solutions for our customers and to pursue cost efficiencies.
Across Reed Elsevier, we are systematically migrating towards this type of business, primarily through organic development, by investing in the transformation of our current assets and building out new products and solutions in adjacent markets and geographies. We are supplementing organic growth with selective acquisitions where we are the natural owner and can accelerate our strategy with good returns. We will continue to divest assets that we are not able to migrate in this direction,or where we do not see significant future value creation for Reed Elsevier.